<$BlogRSDURL$>
"It's easier to bone the President's wife than to get a movie made." Ray Charles.

How a cult music book became a cult music documentary, and it only took ten years.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Jerry McGill, Curtis Buck, Jerry Lloyd Cole, Billy Thurman, Geronimo - RIP, all of you. 

Jerry McGill died on Thursday, and today's my birthday. Thursday was the birthday of Jerry's late sparring partner and travelling buddy Paul Clements too. I want to write about this but I'm not feeling too good (physically, not psychologically). I'll come back to it. For now, it's enough to say that Jerry was a larger than life presence and it was an honour to be involved in his rediscovery - a rediscovery that continues, I hope, as his recordings move towards becoming available to a (doubtless) grateful & overwhelmed public.
Comments: Post a Comment
My life has been rated:
Click to find out your rating!
See what your rating is!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?