<$BlogRSDURL$>
"It's easier to bone the President's wife than to get a movie made." Ray Charles.

How a cult music book became a cult music documentary, and it only took ten years.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

This week, we got to recce the Barbican for our April 3 shoot and now the whole thing is beginning to appear to me as the mad adventure it undoubtedly is... I mean, who mounts a major multi-camera live concert shoot with practically no money, and no broadcaster attached? It's mental. But it is also fun. The possibility has arisen of having two High Definition cameras on stage as well as our three DigiBetas and a DV camera backstage. I may also shoot some of the rehearsal period if the guys don't mind. It's turning into the goddamn Last Waltz or something....and I love it. But I'm the one who's going to have to wade through endless hours of tape when everyone else has moved on to the next gig. Just as well it's tape of people I revere.

Apart from that - waiting for the broadcaster, waiting for the record company, waiting for the Americans. And also shooting the first section of my short subject today. Wish me luck.
Comments: Post a Comment
My life has been rated:
Click to find out your rating!
See what your rating is!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?