<$BlogRSDURL$>
"It's easier to bone the President's wife than to get a movie made." Ray Charles.

How a cult music book became a cult music documentary, and it only took ten years.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Email from J Michael McCarthy, who has been filming a video for Jim Dickinson - quite possibly his (Jim's) first ever:
"The Dickinson shoot went extremely well this weekend! We have about three hours of tape to whittle down to a six minute video. It rained all weekend - but it didn't stop us. The premier may turn into quite an extravaganza! Olga with Jimbo Mathus opening for Jim Dickinson, Jimmy Croswait and Jimbo doing a puppet show, and more." I don't know if I can afford to miss that... I wonder if we can figure out a way to get me over there to cover the event. Meeting tomorrow with our hotshot new Executive Producer, I may bring it up as a topic for further discussion. It would be a great way of covering the links between Old Memphis (Jim and Jimmy Crosthwaite) and new (JMM).
Comments: Post a Comment
My life has been rated:
Click to find out your rating!
See what your rating is!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?